Slideshow Widget

Who's Who Wednesday

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A little more about me:

I'm not a Lexington native. But I have lived here longer than any other place in my life. I decided to stay here after I met my husband, who has called Lexington home most of his years. I have embraced Lexington and am so happy here. I love this little town and think it is a great place to raise our children.

Here are a few destinations that make me proud to call this dot on the map home:

1. The Candy Factory on Main Street in Lexington. Old time feel with candy and antiques. Two of my favorite things.

2. The big fields that makeup the crops of Davidson county, in particular the one across the street from my home. We look for arrow-heads, fly kites and ride our bikes on a weekly basis. Its great to go where there are no cars or houses.

3. Our local wineries: Childress, Native Vines, Weathervane, just to name a few. I also love the homemade wine that changes hands in Lexington... mmm blueberry wine! So good.

4. The lake, I don't get to go there very often with my kids but I have a feeling that a boat is in my husbands plans for the future. I grew up on a couple different lakes, and it is something that I miss. As my kiddos grow I am sure we will spend more time floating on High Rock.

5. The people, not really a destination but it has to make the list. The older generation here is so willing to tell stories of the past to anyone willing to listen. I wish I could record every conversation. They are a wealth of historical knowledge.

6. The rock quarry. I've been out there with my kids for picnic lunches and looking out on that giant whole in the ground is scary and fascinating.

7. Hampton Road. Curvy, great sights, and takes you to all the good shopping spot in Winston-Salem.

8. High Rock Outfitters on Main Street in Lexington. Its as close to night life as your going to get. We went to a comedy show last Friday night.... Hilarious!!!

P.S. (Send me all your favorite spots too. Id love to hear them!!!)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!