Slideshow Widget

Lexington NC Photographer, Melissa Sheets

Monday, April 2, 2012


Wow, what a busy week  and another busy week ahead. I am so lucky to have such amazing clients with cute children.

I'm often asked about shooting in direct sunlight, so I wanted to share these two images that were captured around 1:00 this afternoon when the sun was directly above.

My number one tip...LOOK FOR SHADE.
Number two tip........Position the sun behind your subject if possible, or at a 45* angle.
Number three tip...... Use your reflector to block the light.
Number four tip..... If using flash expose to the background and compensate with flash.
Number five......Beware of dappled light on faces.

I often avoid direct sun, but sometimes you just can't....like today. I love a good challenge, and when a shoot requires you to use your noggin, there is a great deal of satisfaction in the outcome.

I hope your week has gotten off to a great start. I love comments, so be sure to post below :)

Melissa

One Response to “Lexington NC Photographer, Melissa Sheets”

Comments make my day!!