Slideshow Widget

New Year..... Big Changes, and lots to look forward to.

Friday, December 31, 2010

It is the last day of 2010. Looking back it has been one crazy and great year. The youngest of my clan just turned eight yesterday and we celebrated by having several eight year olds spend the night.....whew.
But 8 years old, my goodness it seems like a few days ago he was 5 minutes old. The sippy cups are long gone and have been replaced by Star Wars coffee cups. Gone are the baby board books, now their shelves are full of comic books, Lego sculptures and rock collections. They don't want tear free shampoo, instead they want ax body wash. And they say things like " Don't kiss me in front of my friends." ...sigh... where has the time gone?

Reflecting on my business is easy. I can't say it enough that I am so lucky to be doing a job that is wonderful, fulfilling and creative. There is balance in my work, photographing happy moments for some and capturing treasured moments of short lives for others. You know that sense of being and doing exactly what you were meant to do, well I feel it constantly.
The upcoming year will be greeted with open arms. My new shop is coming along nicely and will offer great shooting opportunities for myself and other photographers. I am so excited.... I bet you can't tell.

Happy New Year all, make it count!
Melissa

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!