Slideshow Widget

Photography tips for a rainy Day. Lexington NC Photographer

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I wanted to share some tips for rainy day photography. Of course none of us want our cameras ruined, so if you think you may feel the urge to go out in a down pour invest in this stuff.




Tip 1.
An umbrella, and preferable someone to hold it over your head so you can keep your hands free.

Tip 2.
This little invention can save your camera. You can find them online for around $20. I like this one because of the clear panel over your settings, it really helps because you don't have to lift a flap or take the entire cover off to reset your camera.


Tip 3. Notice Textures. Look for Patterns & Reflections.

Once you have your basics you will see that shooting in the rain can be very rewarding. Colors outside are so vibrant after the rain. And if you are lucky you might catch an eery mist rising. Also look for reflective surfaces. A dull brick path or pavement becomes a slick glossy path of goodness after the rain.

Tip 4.
The lens hood has many uses. It not only used for lens flair. It’s also good for keeping rain drop away from your lens.

Tip 5.
Clear rain drops don't show up very well. There is a reason they use milk in Hollywood for rain. So if you want to capture the drops look for windows or glass, think puddles.

I am going to head out in the rain this afternoon. I will share a few of my pictures from the afternoon tomorrow. I would love to see yours too. You can e-mail them to me at msheetsphotography@yahoo.com or share them with me on facebook.

Happy Humpday!
Melissa

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!