Slideshow Widget

What will you do this Weekend? Real Life Photography, Melissa Sheets

Thursday, March 22, 2012


It is here! The official release day of the Hungers Games. I will not be going tonight at midnight, I did that a few months ago for a movie, and it was rough. But, I will be in-line to see it tomorrow.

These books were so good. I started the trilogy and instantly loved the book, but I waited several months to read the others because I needed to digest the first book. It was very hard as a mom to read the book and not feel guilty for enjoying a book in which so many characters of children die for entertainment. The entire concept was so harsh that it took me a while to wrap my head around.
Filmed entirely in North Carolina, The Hunger Games film locations spanned from a dense forest in which the arena that hosts the games themselves was created to a town that stood in for Katniss' home, District 12, to a sound stage that was the platform for the fantastical sights and sounds of The Capitol, the futuristic capital city of the nation of Panem. Principal photography on the 84-day production began on May 23. Communities in which the feature shot included Asheville, Barnardsville, Black Mountain, Cedar Mountain, Charlotte, Concord, Hildebran and Shelby. I think a road trip is in store this summer to visit a few of these locations.


It is easy to get sucked into the post apocalyptic world. I offered the series to my sister who read them all in day or so each. Definitely a great book, if you haven't read it yet do yourself a favor and invest in reading it before seeing the movie. I'm sure the movie will be amazing but, aren't books always better.

.Happy Thursday,
Melissa

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!